



This week my teammates and I both had visitors so I decided to throw a 4th of July party at my house (a week late). I also invited my Thai language teacher and the two other American Christian workers that live in Ubon and a neighboring city. Even though it is rainy season we haven't had too much rain so we did some yard games first. Then we had a very American picnic...hamburger/hot dogs, potato salad, watermelon, corn on the cob, apple pie, decorated cake, veggie tray and dip, and baked beans. I even found some "sparkler" fireworks in the next town over (I don't think they are quite up to American safety standards though!!) We listened to Beach Boys during the picnic and a CD of American songs to set the mood for firework time. A few of the guests stayed later to play games. It was a lot of fun and brought some memories of home for all of us : )