Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Misc. Pics from July 2012



One of my "nieces" in town : )

I think I was served frog about 3 times in recent weeks! 

 Some of the things you might find on shelves reserved for shamanistic practices.



Not sure where these chickens are headed, but they were packed up pretty good in the back of a pick-up truck.

 The fanciest building in town...but I don't think it's really being used yet. 

 Two cousins....one where  Lao clothing and one wearing Hmong clothing. 

 
Bought some whipping cream and made homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream, butter, and buttermilk for biscuits.

 Steps (I think 1000 of them!!) at a local quarry that lead up to the top of one of the surrounding hills/mountains. Sore legs are worth the view at the top : )








 A "spirit house"...complete with a fresh bottle of water and cigarettes. 


 These pictures show some good views of our town.  

Visiting a popular local site with my summer roommate.