This weekend I am celebrating my one year anniversary in Thailand and Ubon as a career missionary! It was good to read through my journal this past week... and journey back through these last 12 months...what a year... The Lord has taught me much!
This afternoon, I was standing in my kitchen and noticed something near my back door...something long...which isn't usually there. As I got closer I realized one of my top fears was confirmed...I had a snake in my house. I have no idea which snakes are poisonous, but I was thankful that it wasn't real big...maybe a little over a foot. I decided that since it was close to the door I would try to brush it out with a broom. If that didn't work then I would run to get some help. When the broom touched the snake, it coiled up into a ball. One more swoop and it slithered out into my shower room. My guess is that is is still in there somewhere...I hope it finds one of the holes outside. My heart is still beating fast.