Saturday, September 1, 2007

Khruu Kim


"Khruu" means "teacher" in Thai. Here are a couple of pics of some of the students that I tutor in English. They are all at the Beginner Level, so the lessons are pretty easy to prepare. I use a book and then supplement it with some of my own materials. I currently teach three times a week. Classes last for about 2 hours and then I usually have dinner with my students which gives me a chance to practice some of my Thai. Thais have a big desire to learn English because they are taught that English will allow them to be better educated, acquire a better job, and of course, make more money. Foreigners are always getting asked to teach more English classes. Sometimes it is hard to say no, but teaching English is not why I am here. I only want to use it as a help to some of the Thais that I have known for awhile and as a way to make some relationships with those that do not yet know Christ.