
On Saturday I was in Bangkok to take the Thai Language Test for foreigners. There were over 300 of us from many different countries...Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, America, Canada...and I'm sure many more. There were 2 other PIONEERS people taking it this year, along with my friend Angela too. We started the test at 8:30 am and I finished around 2:30pm. There were 5 parts of the test. The two parts which were oral and required good listening skills were the areas where I did not do so well. But the rest of the test I felt like I performed at a decent level. I was very relieved to be done! However, I have to wait about a month before I receive the results. I will definitely be continuing in language study this year, but I think I will focus more on my weak areas and leave the reading and writing alone for a little while.