
I think that this might qualify as the best layover ever! I landed in Seoul, Korea and had an 8 hour layover. I really wanted to get out of the airport and heard that there might be an opportunity for a tour. Somehow I ended up at the desk of the airline I flew (Asiana) and the clerk was filling out a voucher for a hotel stay. I got a little worried and said that I did not want to stay at a hotel because I was flying out again in a few hours. Anyways, I took the voucher and found myself with a group of 3 other Americans who also got a voucher and needed to be at the airport again in the afternoon too. So I decided to just join in, not really knowing what was happening but glad that I was out of the airport. A shuttle van picked us up and took us to a beautiful hotel. Inside we were given a free room key and a free lunch buffet ticket. We had 5 hours to do whatever we wanted. It was wonderful!! I took a nap in a bed, watched some English speaking television. Then I discoverd a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom before going down to enjoy lunch. Finally, the last hour I ventured outside of the hotel and snapped some pictures of Korea. What a blessing all this was in the middle of an international trip!