Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Portland Visit







I enjoyed my time in Portland, Oregon visiting with my brother and sister-in-law. They treated me to a haircut which was much needed and also took me for my first taste of Mexican food! On Sunday we went to watch the Packer game together after going to the Imago Dei church in the morning. We found an asian grocery store, so I was able to make them some sticky rice and curry (I think I made a bit too much though because they were still eating it 3 weeks later!). Finally, we had some time to get outdoors into the beautiful Pacific Northwest. The first day I was so cold...I had about 4 layers on and then had to borrow a hat and gloves from my brother (which consequently were a bit large and made me look like a crab...see above pic with my sister-in-law :) One highlight was our walk on one of the trails in the Mt. Hood area. It was so gorgeous, especially during this fall season!