
Yes, food is very important here. Before harvesting, everyone eats lots of carbs...sticky rice or fried donut type things. During harvesting, they snack on fruit...oranges seem to be the most plentiful fruit right now. Lunch break is a big affair (a couple people leave the fields early and are the designated cooks for the lunch meal). Also, the rice fields I have seen usually have a little make-shift house that has been built for the purpose of resting, eating, and storing things. Food that was on the menu the days I harvested...spicy sauce for dipping sticky rice in, inner organs of the chicken, little dried whole fish, soup, greens, and a mince pork dish (which seems to be my staple food because I'm not so thrilled about other things :) More fruit snacking takes place during breaks in the afternoon. Then after the sun has set and the day's work is done, everyone goes home to enjoy the final meal of the day (and unfortunately that usually includes a lot of alcohol if they don't have to get up too early the next day).