






This year I celebrated Thanksgiving Day with my co-workers. There were 5 different nationalities represented at the table! The three of us American ladies did the cooking. No turkey, but we did have a chicken and shrimp soup for our protein :) And then added to that were appetizers, side dishes, and desserts galore! Some of the ingredients we can get in town and others we've been saving up for the holidays :) After dinner, we watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. And then in the evening some of us stayed around to play games together. I really enjoyed it and I find myself blessed and thankful for SO MUCH! I also wanted to take the opportunity to share about Him through the story of Thanksgiving with some of my Lao friends/students. I have a children's book about Thanksgiving so my language helper helped me translate it into Lao. I read it to a couple friends. Then for part of my classes last Friday, my students came to my house for a mini-party :) I served pumpkin cake and popcorn. Then I read the English version of the story and had a student read the Lao version too. We had a bit of discussion and did a couple more activities.